May 7, 1951 to Oct 14, 1955
The dissolution of West Punjab Legislative Assembly in 1949 was followed by a gap of about two and a half year due to assorted
In 1950, the Province of West Punjab was renamed as Province of Punjab and as a result of the general elections held in 1951 under the Pakistan (Provisional Constitution) Order, 1947, the Punjab Legislative Assembly consisting of 174 Members was constituted. It held its first sitting on May 7, 1951 and met for the last time on March 31, 1955. The Assembly held 114 sittings over 10 sessions during its life of 4 years 5 months and 8 days and ceased to exist on the formation of one-unit on October 14, 1955.